Saturday 22 June 2019

Galicia, Spain






I have been living in North Spain since April, but the reality have been so far off from my expectations, that I was afraid to share my opinion. You know how much I loved the idea of moving and living in Spain since I was 12. And after a few months in Portugal I was sure Spain would be even better.

But it's not.

Not at all.

I'm heart broken and gutted, people don't really speak English, and even if they do no more than a few words. The bureaucracy is extremely tedious. The place where I live have internet that is painfully slow, I have been trying to use only my mobile data, but they wouldn't let me have an unlimited data plan and my 15 GB with social, chat and video pass is only enough for 2 weeks out of the 4 even when I limit myself to the extreme.

I live a digital and highly internet based life, so this is a huge blow. One that makes me want to run away constantly.

But I can't.

You know, don't have the money.

It should be a positive that the weather is not so hot and there are plenty of rainy and windy days, but it just reminds me too much of Ireland, and what I left behind.

I miss Portugal and specially Albufeira. I never minded there the hot weather, because it was so beautiful and loved all the different beaches. The colour of the sand and how clean it was. Here the sand is just as pale as it was in Ireland and so dirty. I call one of them the place where you go to catch Hep C.

Tbh, the next town has a beautiful beach, but the public transport system is so dreadful, have no idea how to get there, when summer decides to make a come back early July.

I have been trying to keep my spirit up by eating as much watermelon as I can and enjoy all the other tasty fruits like peach, nectarine, apricot, cherry, strawberry and so on. But I'm in danger of having frogs in my stomach because it's always full of water(melon). If you don't understand it, never mind, it's a Hungarian saying.

I'm also getting lonelier....I'm not saying I wan't a man in my life, but a person who speaks good English and have similar interests like I do, would be nice.

As an INTJ I know this will never happen in the way I imagine it, but having small kids in my life as part of my job and adults who are technophobes, makes my expectations pretty low.

I thought I was catching a break and have some grown up time with strangers in a bookshop, where every 2 weeks people meet to speak in English, but I went and nobody else did. Maybe I got the day or the week or the time mixed up.

It just happened only an hour after that I got a message from Vodafone having been rejected to move my number from prepaid to contract and have unlimited data, so I TRULY HATED SPAIN, and some of that just wouldn't go away.

I mean why and how would it?

I really don't know how it feels to live in Hungary, but I'm almost certain it's not as bad anymore than living in North Spain or Spain, maybe I'm naive thinking that the south is better.

So Dawn Espana is feeling only Dawn nowadays, maybe even thinking of loosing the Espana part forever, because it's sure as hell I didn't think my sweetest dream in my existence would turn out to be my worst nightmare one day.

Thank you Spain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment