Saturday 4 August 2018

Needs




These days I think a lot about strange needs. Don't think anything dirty, I meant I would love to have a kitten, but that would be a responsibility in the future, and finding a place where a pet is allowed, well that's a nightmare. What would I do with that cat next year?? I already experienced this when C. had a Chinchilla that he left for me to take care, I hated it. So why would a cat any different (other than you can actually touch that cat)? My logical mind says no, but my sentimental one can't stop thinking about it.
Also I have this stupid jam cooking urge, because it's summer and I know even if we aren't talking, my family is busy making jams and pickled vegetables.
I hate marmalades, but have sooooo many lemons and limes, that I looked up a recipe how to make a lemon-lime marmalade and it looks simple. I feel like this confused vegetarian, who has the need to cook some meat, but only want to enjoy the experience and maybe serve that pretty dish, but not eat it.  I'm sure I will be annoyed when I have to find a place to store all those jars.....
Same with apple, 2 apple trees are getting ready and I know one apple a day, keeps the doctor away, but I can't eat all the apples. I'm going to make creamy apple soup tomorrow, and sure a few more apple related dish will follow it, but the bottom line is, I might be making apple-cinnamon jams as well.
Same goes with tomatoes, having 57 tomato plants going to give me a massive headache.
But in the end of the day, that's me, I NEED to grow things, I have to pick up broken plant parts in shops and plant them at home, I had to make elderflower wine, and I will have to collect blackberries soon.
There are moments when I see almost no difference between rural Ireland and rural Hungary....but that's just the little village girl talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment